Friday, 25 May 2012

Superdrug BB Cream

Superdrug BB Cream 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream £6.99
  • Conceals imperfections & enhances skin tone
  • 24 Hour hydration
  • Antioxidant protection
  • UVA/UVB filters
  • SPF 15

For those of you who don't know what BB cream is, it's known as BB or Blemish Balm which is essentially the ultimate all-in-one cream. It combines a moisturiser,  a primer, a concealer and a foundation to create a supposedly natural flawless-looking complexion in an instant. 



The Superdrug BB cream is a combination of skin nourishing ingredients and mineral pigments which creates a light, creamy coverage which is supposed to conceal imperfections, boost radiance and smooth complexion. It also contains SPF 15 and helps to prevent damage from sun damage and also premature skin ageing whilst providing 24 hour hydration. 


I've been using the Superdrug BB cream in Light for a week now and I still can't decide if I like it or not. I used it last week when the weather wasnt as hot as it is now and I found that it worked quite nicely on my skin underneath my foundation. Since the weather has been alot nicer and it's been alot hotter it seems to just stay oily and not sink in like it did before. The BB cream actually makes my foundation gradually come off and it just genuinely feels horrible on my skin leaving me with hardly any foundation on and showing some imperfections. I have Normal/Sensitive skin so I do have the be careful with the products I use. I have also noticed that over the past week of using it I am now starting to breakout across my nose and cheek area which never usually happens! 



I don't think the coverage is good enough to wear just on it's own.I think it's better as a primer/base & I also think that it works alot better in colder climates. This may become my winter BB Cream as it actually worked alot better on my skin. I am a bit disappointed about the coverage and not being able to wear it alone because I don't really like wearing that much foundation, but this was more like a skin toned moisturiser for me as my skin is now a little more smoother. 


If you have any recommendations of new BB Creams please let me know either below, twitter or facebook.


Kisses


No comments:

Post a Comment